05 March 2012

Show 3

I had my first show of the year last weekend and it was great.  Great from the off as it was a very short drive from my house.  This is convenient and inconvenient at the same time.  I could have walked to the show in 10 minutes, but instead I took all the time to pack the car, drive there, unpack, set up, repack, and get back home.  It was somehow more complicated than a show that is further away.  That aside, I was nice to get home quickly and fall into bed.
It was also great because it was inside.  Thus, unlike my other shows, it was not raining on me, and my stuff was not going to blow away. 
Thirdly it was great because people showed up!  How amazed I was to see so many people wandering through the market with genuine interest in all of the artisans there. 
Lastly, it was great because in four hours I sold more than my first two (32 hours worth) of shows combined.  Happy times!  I am still amazed that people look at all, but very grateful to have people buy and (hopefully) display one of my pictures in their homes.  It felt good. 
Oh, and I was also thrilled to use the magic swiper with little trouble.

Anyway, thanks to all who came out, I'm sure none of you had been to this website before, but you made my day just by being interested and not getting too bored with my anecdotes. 
See you in May.

No comments: